Thursday, May 28, 2009

28 May, Youm-e-Takbeer

Pakistan became 7th atomic power on May 28th, 1998.

On May 28, 1998 Pakistan announced that it had successfully conducted five nuclear tests. The Pakistani Atomic Energy Commission reported that the five nuclear tests conducted on May 28 generated a seismic signal of 5.0 on the Richter scale, with a total yield of up to 40 KT (equivalent TNT). These tests came slightly more than two weeks after India carried out five nuclear tests.

NY Times wrote Pakistan’s progress in post WW-II period was only 2nd to US and a great example of nation building.



The Man Behind the Myth, Prof.Dr.A.Q.Khan Said:
I am proud of my work for my country. It has given Pakistanis a sense of pride, security and has been a great scientific achievement. I am extremely happy and grateful to all those Pakistanis who appreciate my services for our country and show tremendous love, affection and respect for me, my family and my colleagues. No money on earth can buy the love and affection that has been given to me by a grateful nation. In short, I consider myself a humble, patriotic Pakistani who gave his best for his country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jeeway jeeway jeeway pakistan

Remembering Rashid Minhas Shaheed on his 52nd martyrdom anniversary.

On this day at Goth Ahmed Shah, Sujawal on 20 August 1971, We remember and honor the sacrifice of pilot officer Rashid Minhas, A true hero w...